The Malting Company of Ireland has been producing the highest quality malted grains since 1858. As the leading Irish-owned maltings, we pride ourselves on providing a range of high quality, whole-grain Irish Malted Barley products to the brewing and distilling industry.
The purpose of this exciting opportunity is to support the team in MCI and to learn all aspects of the malting process and the wider business. The successful candidate will be rotated in the Logistics, Production and Commercial teams to fully understand the Malting business.
• Helping to manage the relationship with customers and suppliers
• Production Planning in conjunction with the Production Manager
• Sampling, analysis and assessment of incoming barley
• Operation of weighbridge system, maintenance of records and production of reports
• Maintaining records to support the traceability of barley and malt stock
• Sampling, and assessment of finished malt out-loading samples
• Maintaining records to support the company’s preventive maintenance system and assist in the scheduling thereof.
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives across the plant in areas of Production, Safety & Cost
• Assist in the scheduling/ control of stock movements
• Develop customer relations and business development
• Relevant 3rd level Degree (Agriculture, Engineering or Business)
• Knowledge and keen interest in the cereal industry
• Ability to demonstrate a proficiency in the use of MS Office
• Proven organisational skills
• Ability to work on their own and/or part of a team
• Familiarity with HACCP & ISO systems
• Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
Competencies we look for:
• You should enjoy being challenged
• You’ll need to be good at absorbing information
• Mechanically minded.
• Analysing problems and coming up with ideas
• You should have the drive, confidence and resilience to get things done as part of a team.
• We’ll give you training, support and guidance to develop your potential
• A full driver’s license would be desirable
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter to Dick Walsh at email@example.com before the 25th May 2018.