Reporting To Managing Director, Animal Nutrition
The Main Purpose of the Role
Volac’s Animal Nutrition Business is the leading product specialist in Advancing Livestock Productivity in the key areas of young animal nutrition, rumen by-pass fats, and forage conservation. This is a position that reflects our combined emphasis on being a strong technically-led market leader and customer focused company.
Lead Commercial direction for our Forage range specifically the ECOSYL brand. Deliver the profit and growth objectives outlined in the Five Year Strategic Plan.
As a key member of the Forage Product Family team, the role will interface with a large section of colleagues within the Animal Nutrition business. Key interface roles are:
• Managing Director – Animal Nutrition
• Head of Marketing – Animal Nutrition
• Product Manager – Forage
• Commercial Heads – Home & Export
• Group Technical Manager – Feeds
• Technical Team Members – Forage
• Sales, Account and Business Managers
• Port Talbot factory representatives
1. To champion the profitable growth of the ECOSYL brand to fully meet and exceed customer expectations.
2. Involved in the develop and implementation of the 5 year plan for the Forage product range.
3. Develop pricing policies in conjunction with marketing and the commercial teams
4. Be accountable for the profitability of the forage products brand range through good pricing management and facilitating and co-ordination with Technical (formulation), Purchasing and Production teams
5. In conjunction with the Product Manager – Forage, Agree with Commercial Heads the country Plans, ensuring appropriate resources to deliver the 5 year plans are in place. Ensure that Technical Sales Development activities are addressed in Key Customer Plans.
6. Responsible for consolidation of the sales demand plan.
7. Monitor competitor activity addressing trends and market developments.
8. Identify new opportunities for Product and Market development in target countries.
9. Leverage technical expertise and know-how to develop near market training and support to our Customers.
10. Develop relationships with targeted influencers, plan and oversee the distribution of marketing and technical information to relevant influencers globally (e.g., farm advisors/nutritionists and forage specialists)
11. Provide customer/distributor support in the form of customer visits and technical presentations relating to the nutrition, husbandry and management of forage products for dairy cows (including presentations at customer visits, sales meetings, technical meetings, new product launches, staff training).
12. Use the Volac business systems including CRM and IFS to enable good customer communication and relationship management.
Degree level qualified
• Significant brand management expertise and proven.
• Vision and power to enthuse and motivate Colleagues and Customers.
• Commercial judgment to identify and capitalize on profitable opportunities.
• A strategic mind, creative and ingenious.
• Good Team Player and active listener.
• Completer and finisher.
• Very good communication skills.
• Good analytical and organization skills
• Good computer skills.
• Good presentation skills
• Good empathy and emotional intelligence.
Apply by email to Simon Power firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st May 2018.