The ASA is looking for applications for a student position for approximately 12 weeks to assist with the delivery and administration of its annual conference. This role would suit an event management, marketing or PR student and is an ideal opportunity to gain experience. This is a paid internship role.
This is a busy and varied role and will be office based in the Irish Farm Centre, Bluebell, Dublin 12 for approximately 12 weeks.
Candidates must be available to work until the end of September ideally starting at the beginning of July.
The ASA annual conference takes place on 11th and 12th of September and attracts over 600 people to the banquet and 400 to the conference.
- Assist with administration to assist the delivery of ASA annual conference and banquet
- Administer conference registrations – confirmation, payments, general communication etc….
- Assist with social media activity in relation to conference promotion
- Liase with banquet sponsors. Assist ASA manager to follow up to secure sponsorship. Issue invoice, collect payment, issue receipt, gather sponsor logos for marketing material.
- Assist in the development of marketing material – adverts, conference programme, e-zines, presentations etc.
- Update conference website
- Assist with speaker communication and logistics
- Issue delegate communication
- On site management
- Other tasks in relation to the conference as required
- Experience working in an office environment
- Experience working in a customer service role on phone and via email
- Experience using Microsoft office software – Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience using Word Press is desirable
- Experience using Mailchimp or other e-marketing software desirable
- Experience using Social Media platforms
- Working knowledge of developing marketing material and artwork files – jpeg, pdf etc.
The above requirements are desirable however candidates who have experience in some but not all areas will be considered.
Applications should include a cover letter and CV and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5.00 pm Friday, May 31st.