Irish Country Living is seeking applications for the position of Editor.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-profile agricultural publication in a senior leadership role as readership of the Irish Farmers Journal and Irish Country Living continues to grow.
You will be responsible for leading Irish Country Living, managing the development and production of a high quality publication which encompasses the ethos of Irish Country Living – to inform, educate, entertain and be relevant to farm families and rural dwellers, leading a team of journalists. You will support the commercial department in developing advertising and circulation revenue.
Candidates are required to have:
- Proven track record in leadership
- Deep understanding of rural issues and empathy with needs of dwellers in rural Ireland
- An ability to recognise/develop strong stories
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in public speaking and PR activities
- Excellent people management skills
- High level of writing and English skills. Journalism training will be provided if required
- Computer literacy and digital skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Third level qualification
- A full job description is available below.
Interested applicants should forward a CV and cover letter by email to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Editor, Irish Country Living’ in the subject line.
Application deadline: Wednesday 21 February 2018
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The company is an equal opportunities employer
Editor Irish Country Living job description