Emerging Leaders Programme- Registraton Now Open
This new programme developed by ASA is designed for managers in the agricultural sector who are looking to develop critical leadership skills and behaviours. The programme includes three modules which will be completed over 4 days of instruction. The programme is designed and facilitated by HPC Global, a leader in developing programmes focused on corporate leadership and management development.
Module 1 – The Role of a Leader – 29th & 30th January 2019, NewPark Hotel, Kilkenny
- knowing when it’s necessary to lead and when it’s necessary to manage
- helping others understand how vision and purpose relate to their work
- Choosing an appropriate leadership style in a range of situations
Module 2 – Managing Performance – 2nd April 2019, Location TBC
- Effectively give and take feedback
- Apply techniques to recognize and motivate others
- Use a structured approach to deal with non-performance and under-performance
Module 3 – Personal Effectiveness- 22nd May 2019, Location TBC
- Identify your current ineffective work habits and routines
- Identify what you should really be focusing your time on
- How to deal effectively with disturbances and distractions and how to delegate
The programme is more than classroom work it will also include:
- Insights Discovery, a psychometic tool to help you understand yourself, understand others, and make the most of the relationships in the workplace (a €146.00 value)
- An up-front activity which includes line manager briefing and pre-programme self-assessment
- Activities to be completed between modules, to apply what was learned and to bring a real topic, issue or challenge to the next module.
- After the classroom modules participants will receive additional supports e.g. articles, links, podcasts and video to support continued learned and hep with the transfer of skills back to the workplace.
- The subsidized cost of registration is €800.00 and is due at time of registration.
- Registration is open to current ASA members
- Participants must commit to attending all four days of instruction and to completing the tasks between sessions
- Locations for Module 2 & 3 will be determined by the group based on participants preferences during Module one
- Spaces are limited. Registration will be taken on a first come first served basis, this event is expected to sell out but a second session in 2019 will be added if there is enough interest, this program will run again in 2020 & 2021.
- Additional modules featuring additional topics may be added in the future which will be open to previous participants of the program and will be charged on a per day basis.
Register once for the full programme, which includes all four days. Alternately you can email the ASA office at email@example.com to be invoiced for the registration fee.
Funding for this programme has been provided by Macra Agricultural Skillnet.