ASA International Study Trip 2018 – Brussels
Registration Now Open
The ASA International Study Trip will take place the 4th – 5th June 2018. Participants will leave for Brussels on an early flight the morning of Monday, 4th June and spend the day visiting the European Commission, the European Parliament and be able to sit as an observer at a COMAGRI meeting. There will also be opportunities to meet representatives from these groups and to meet with Irish Farm organizations working in Brussels. Day 2 will focus on industry and farm visits including a stop at the Bayer Hof ten Bosch Farm, just outside the city. The tour will conclude with an evening return flight.
Full schedule will be available soon. Registration cost is maximum €450 to be confirmed in early May and will include; flights, airport transfers in Brussels, one night hotel, Tuesday breakfast, two lunches and Monday evening meal.
This is a member’s only event. A €200 deposit will be required at the time of registration. Spaces are limited.
Register and pay your deposit here
Student Bursary Competition
We are offering one undergraduate final year student member the opportunity to win a €350 bursary towards the ASA International Study Tour to Brussels.
How to win the bursary: Submit a 500 word article discussing:
What changes you would like to see in CAP (Central Agricultural Policy) post 2020 and how it will affect agriculture in Ireland,
Deadline: Please submit your article to email@example.com by 3:00 pm, Tuesday, April 24th. Be sure to include your name, phone number and email address.
Terms & Conditions:
- Applicant must be a current final year student and ASA undergraduate member.
- The bursary is worth approx €350 towards the total cost of a place on the study tour. The balance (€100) must be paid by the winning applicant in the form of a non-refundable contribution payable on acceptance of the place.
- The winning application article will feature in future ASA communication (Website, E-zine, ASA Digest)
- Successful bursary winner to submit a 500 word article about the trip by June 15th for inclusion in future ASA communication.
- Successful bursary winner must generate content for Social Media while in Belgium.(Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook)
- Please ensure that you have a valid passport/travel documentation prior to making a submission.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- The winner will be announced on Tuesday, 1st May.