ASA Mock Interviews – 17 February 2014
ASA Mock Interviews
The ASA Mock Interviews were held in UCD, on Monday 17th February, for 4th years in Agricultural Science in UCD.
View: Event Resources for list of ASA Mock Jobs 2014
• 16 Mock jobs on offer based on real jobs
• Industry recruiters conducting interviews
• –Apply for 1 job only (Cover letter & CV)
–Interview time & room will be allocated to each participant – panels (Noticeboard)
–Candidate will be interviewed and receive feedback at end
Students Attend ASA Mock Interviews
Almost 100 final year agricultural science students in UCD participated in ASA mock interviews held on Monday 17 February. The initiative is part of the comprehensive services on career opportunities, job seeking, job application and interview skills provided by the ASA to the next generation of graduates.
Students were given the opportunity to apply for ‘real’ jobs across a wide range of disciplines. The jobs on offer were typical of what are available for agricultural science graduates within the agri-food sector and the wider economy.
Eight panels of ASA members interviewed each student and gave feedback on their letter of application, the quality of their CV and the strengths and weaknesses of their performance at the interview. The eight top-performing students were presented with special awards by ASA President Seán Farrell at the opening of Careers Day on Tuesday 18 February.
Careers Day 2014, which was organised by the students, was another unqualified success. All of the key employers of agricultural science graduates participated in the event. It is the only event of its kind in UCD and demonstrates the professionalism and ingenuity of students in the School of Agriculture and Food Science.
Great credit is due to Sheena Casey, chairperson of the AgSoc careers committee, April Higgins, Auditor of AgSoc and their colleagues on the Careers Day organising committee for a superbly organised event. The ASA is honoured to be a participant in such a worthwhile initiative.
The following eight top-performing students in the mock interviews were presented with ASA awards:
– Tom Satchwell, Maynooth, Co Kildare and Gillian Willis, Tullow, Co Carlow, both studying Food and Agribusiness Management.
– April Higgins, Ballindine, Co Mayo and Keith Fahy, Turloughmore, Co Galway, both studying Animal Science.
– Liam Hanrahan, Doonbeg, Co Clare and Niall Brennan, Knockbridge, Dundalk, Co Louth, both studying Dairy Business.
– Susan Baugh, Crossakeel, Co Meath, studying Animal Science-Equine, and Orla O’Dea, Clonmel, Co Tipperary, studying Animal and Crop Production.
Photos from this event:
• ASA Mock Jobs 2014