Exciting opportunity for a recent Agricultural Science Graduate to join the ASA Council for a one year term!
Jump-start your career with this fantastic opportunity to:
- Effect change and add value to under-graduate and recent graduate members of the ASA.
- Avail of unrivalled networking opportunities to meet with senior industry professionals on a neutral platform.
Responsibilities of Graduate Council Member:
The Graduate Council Member will play an important role in the Association as both a leader and an ambassador.
The role of the Graduate Council Member will be to help ensure that the needs of Agricultural Science under-graduates and recent graduates are being addressed by the ASA.
In addition, other responsibilities include:
- Outline the needs of under-graduates and recent graduates and organize aligned events/CPD/communication as appropriate.
- Lead and/or assist with organization and promotion of events/activities relevant to recent graduates and under-graduates.
- Expected attendance at minimum 50% of council meetings as reported in the annual report.
- Play an active role in the annual conference.
How to apply:
To apply for this placement, please outline in no more than 300 words, what you could bring to this role in terms of assisting the ASA in addressing the needs of both the under-graduate and recent graduates of Agricultural Science.
Please send your completed application to: email@example.com and clearly mark the title of the email “2018/19 Graduate Council Member Application”. Closing date for applications is 8th June 2018 @ 3pm.
Please include the following information:
Year of Graduation:
What I could bring to the ASA Graduate Council Member Position: (no more than 300 words)
Terms & Conditions:
- All applications must be submitted on time – 8th June 2018 @ 3pm. Late applications will not be considered.
- The ASA Graduate Member position is for one term (twelve months) only beginning in September.
- The selected ASA Graduate Member must provide a copy of their academic transcript to the ASA Council confirming their degree award.
- Applicants must be a member of ASA.
- Applications must have received their degree within the last three years (2015 or later)
- Applicants will be evaluated on their submission and CV. Shortlisted candidates will be need to be available for a phone interview from which the final decision will be made.