Head of Agriculture, Bank of Ireland
Business Banking looks after the needs of business and agri-customers throughout the country through a variety of channels including a team of relationship managers, business advisors and direct channels. Our focus is on identifying and meeting our customers` needs and adding value to their relationship with Bank of Ireland. The Sectors Team within Business Banking is a key part of this. Through the industry expertise of the individuals on the team, they can support businesses across the different sectors as they look to grow and invest in their business.
Purpose of the Role:
- Review and as appropriate and recommend changes to the current Bank of Ireland strategy for the Agriculture sector in Ireland.
- Based on the strategy, develop the sector proposition and approach for the Agriculture sector in Business Banking (to include both small and medium enterprises)
- Act as the key contact point between the BoI Group and key industry bodies e.g. IFA, ICMSA, Department of Agriculture, Agri media etc.
- The role holder will be based in Dublin but will need to undertake regular travel throughout Ireland as the role requires.
- Oversee the existing Agri lending book in BoI including the completion of sector and credit policy reviews as required.
- Complete ongoing research on the key segments of the Agri sector in Ireland – including agri business, dairy, tillage beef, sheep, pigs, poultry, etc. Ensure that up to date information about potential growth opportunities and future developments in the sector is regularly distributed to the relevant Business Banking teams.
- Develop and promote the Group`s product and service proposition for the Agri sector. Develop excellent working relationships with appropriate third party industry bodies e.g. IFA, ICMSA, Agri media etc. Develop Bank of Ireland`s profile and involvement in the sector. The role holder will be the public face of Bank of Ireland in the Agri sector. Develop agri specific open for business plan.
- Manage specific activities linked to development of the Agri sector arising from the agreed Marketing Plan e.g. Ploughing Championships, local events, seminars etc.
- Provide guidance notes and support to the Network on Agri sector deals e.g. sample credit applications etc. Develop upskilling plan for front line lenders – local expertise to be developed.
- Support and lead the Agri Development Managers in delivering key objectives across a matrix structure.
- Monitor Agri sector activity across a range of key measures on a monthly basis – agree appropriate MI for managing of Agri book.
What is the Opportunity?
This is an opportunity to develop the Banks strategy and proposition in the agri sector and represent the Bank across the sector with key industry bodies and stakeholders
- 3rd level Agri qualification
- Minimum Competency Requirements (MCR) apply to this role. To perform this role an individual must either be an accredited individual or must obtain the relevant qualification following appointment.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Skilled in financial analysis with an excellent knowledge of the agri sector and operator financial needs
- Strong business acumen and commercial experience
- Excellent marketing, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent numerical & analytical skills
- Strong influencing skills
Closing date: Dec 14, 2018
To apply: https://careers.bankofireland.com/jobs/head-of-agriculture-dublin-ireland