The Agricultural Science Association (ASA) has developed a Mentoring Service focussed on helping members who wish to make a career change or those who are eager to progress their career to the next level.
The ASA is committed to assisting our members with their career development and this service offers members the opportunity to be mentored on a one-to-one basis by experienced individuals from within the agri-food sector.
This confidential service is for ASA members who have graduated and / or are working in the sector for more than five years.
How do I apply?
• This service is facilitated through the ASA office
• Members who would like to request the service (mentees) must complete an initial application form and submit this to the ASA Office along with a copy of their CV.
• The application will be forwarded for review to the ASA Mentoring Subcommittee.
• The mentoring subcommittee will review your application, arrange an initial phone conversation where necessary and match you with a proposed mentor.
How does the mentoring service work?
• Each mentor has committed to a minimum of one face to face meeting with follow up agreed mutually.
• There is no formal structure to the mentoring service and this will be decided on a case by case basis between the mentor and the mentee depending on individual requirements.
• We would encourage all mentees to be clear on what they wish to achieve from this process and to maximise the opportunity that is available to them.
Who will mentor me?
• Mentors are a selection of ASA members from various roles across the Agri-Food sector who have volunteered their time to provide this service.
• They will have more than 10 years’ experience working in the sector.
• Mentors are trustworthy, experienced ASA members, willing to give up their time voluntarily to mentor and advice younger professionals.