The ASA is the professional body for agricultural science graduates in Ireland since 1942 with over 1700 members employed across the entire agri-food industry including government, departments, research, advisory, consultancy, education & training, agri-business, rural organisations, banking and the media.
Our vision is to be a dynamic scientific organisation supporting our members in leading and developing sustainable Irish agriculture and food related sectors.
- Uniquely placed to provide the platform for networking, knowledge sharing, discussion and debate
- Over 30 events per year including technical seminars, regional meetings, social events, farm business tours, sales training courses, ASA annual banquet and conference and many more.
- Support your professional development through:
- Knowledge exchange
- Member communication including weekly jobs alert
- Networking opportunities
- Mentoring programme
- Support you as you start out on your career path
- Support you with your on-going career goals
- Unique opportunities to connect and network with other Irish agri-food professionals.
Listen to what our members have to say:
Other member benefits include:
- FREE or reduced fees to attend ASA Events. Avail of these opportunities to continuously develop your skills.
- Exclusive attendance at ASA Member Only events
- Discounted rate to ASA Annual Banquet and Conference
- Receive weekly ASA Jobs and Events Alert ezine
- Receive bi-annual ASA Digest Magazine
- Opportunity to apply for exclusive ASA bursaries and awards
- Job and Career Opportunities: Exclusive access to the jobs section of the website.
The ASA has secured a number of attractive discounts for members which include:
- FBD Special Offers: €50 discount on any policy & 25% discount off your first year’s premium for Life and Serious Illness Cover
- FBD Hotels and Resorts: 10% discount on bed and breakfast rates
- IFA Member services: As an ASA member you can avail of exclusive offers with IFA Member service
- IFAC Accountancy Fees: €300 off your first year’s accountancy fees (*only when availing of recorder/booking service)
- Irish Farmers Journal – exclusive 33% discount for 1 year digital subscription
- Irish Farmers Monthly – receive a FREE copy delivered to your home each month
- Advance Pitstop: 10% discount on car servicing and 5% off tyres
*Terms and Conditions apply. Offers subject to change. Please confirm with supplier prior to purchase.
Click here to view full membership benefits Member Benefits 2017