Highly successful, global fresh produce firm seeks an enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior Mushroom Growing Specialist for a role in Canada.
A highly successful global food producing company seeks a Mushroom Growing Specialist in Canada. The ideal candidate will have strong technical expertise and the relevant experience to demonstrate the ability to show this. They should have the ability to think independently and be able to cover all aspects of the job, as and when required.
- Consistently deliver high quality mushroom crops.
- Production forecasting. Monitor quality and inventory of raw materials.
- Insure compliance with company safety policies, GMPs, Food Safety, and sanitation policies.
- Maintain monthly pesticide and food safety documentation.
- Complete work orders and ensure work is done in a timely manner.
- Observe and practice safety and housekeeping procedures at all times.
- S. degree in biological/agricultural sciences.
- 5-10+ years’ experience in the cultivation of mushrooms preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of the Dutch Mushroom Farming method preferred.
- Needs to have knowledge of the different types of mushroom and their different growing conditions and possess an eye for detail. Should use appropriate rule and tool, using quality concept, be responsible and work in a team, and have knowledge in basic arithmetic calculations, and oral & written communication skill.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Fluent in written and verbal English, other languages are an asset.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary commensurate with experience + benefits and pension.
If you are interested in this challenging position, then please email Greg O’Hanlon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 87 6003620 with any immediate queries. Alternatively, to progress your application please submit your up-to-date CV (ideally in Word format).