Reporting To: Head of Animal Nutrition Marketing
At Volac we believe that dairy nutrition is important for a sustainable and healthy world. We believe that improving livestock productivity and helping humans live more healthily are two solutions to the challenges of the world running out of natural resources and people living longer.
We are one of Europe’s fastest growing, most influential and deeply respected international dairy nutrition businesses. Our job is to make the best, market-leading products and build deep, long-lasting and influential relationships. We’re both a customer of and supplier to the dairy industry, so we hold a position of influence. We have the expertise, clout, vision and energy to make things happen.
We specialise in the development, manufacture and supply of high performance products through two strategically linked business areas:
Animal Nutrition: improving the productivity of livestock and the profitability of farmers through nutrition for young animals and dairy cows and our forage conservation products.
Human Nutrition: helping people lead healthier, more active lives by marketing ‘Upbeat’ consumer brands, and by manufacturing and supplying whey and other dairy ingredients to the world’s leading food and beverage companies.
With headquarters just outside of Cambridge in Orwell, Volac employs over 300 people. We operate four production facilities in the UK (Felinfach, Port Talbot, Liverpool and Sleaford ) and five overseas offices (Ireland, Italy, Czech Republic, USA and Australia). Three industry-leading production JV’s in the Netherlands, Wales and Malaysia make significant contributions.
We care about the way we do things and about doing things right first time. We care about fulfilling our promises to our colleagues, suppliers and most importantly to our customers.
Recently recognised in the Sunday Times Profit Track 100 awards (www.fasttrack.co.uk), we are an extremely ambitious organisation. Over the next five years we are aiming to double revenues to £500 million and to continue to create sustainable value, ensuring Volac remains a highly successful, profitable business.
To achieve this growth, we are transforming the way we work, building on the best of being a small family company while also creating more defined processes, clearer roles, and greater cross-functional collaboration. We have a fast-paced environment where everyone can flourish and enjoy what they do, knowing they are contributing to an important purpose through our values of Performance, Ambition, Collaboration and Trust.
Our vision is to nurture and even more open, collaborative and creative environment where the people closest to the business make decisions, are trusted to accomplish the objectives agreed and supported by effective and inspirational leadership – truly bringing all four of our values into balance and into the way we work every day.
About the role
To product manage the global Mega-branded fats portfolio.
To develop and implement marketing plans and sales support for branded fat products aligned with Global Product strategies and Region / Country / Key Customer plans.
Working Relationships and Environment
Volac sales teams including Intercompanies and Volac Wilmar colleagues
Marketing team Technical Team
IT Team Customer Care
Factories Design Studio
1. Drive the creation and the implementation of tactical marketing plans (all media) designed to enhance the company image, and ensure plans are monitored (Critical Success Factors) and implemented within agreed timescale and budget.
2. Support Volac and Volac Wilmar’s sales teams and subsidiaries proactively with marketing initiatives and campaign plans, keeping them updated with all new product campaign communications – ensuring that these are reflected in Region / Country / Key Customer plans.
3. Advise fat supplement pricing policies in conjunction with commercial management .
4. Ensure the sales and marketing activities of subsidiaries, JV’s and where applicable licensee partners are consistent and complement the MEGA-brands.
5. Co-ordinate the provision of bespoke trade support literature & materials in accordance with campaign objectives, marketing message and agreed timescales. Manage or assist major show presence eg EuroTier.
6. Undertake key market and product research activities as required.
7. Develop relationships with key internal and external marketing suppliers (i.e. graphic design, PR, advertising agent, journalists, web and digital etc).
8. Develop relationships with targeted influencers, plan and oversee the distribution of marketing and technical information to relevant influencers globally (e.g. farm advisors/nutritionists, forage specialists, dairy supply chain etc.)
9. Assist the team to share information on relevant products, market trends, customer needs, and competitor activity. Development opportunities for these products and markets should be pro-actively forwarded to the Innovations Group.
10. Oversee the product authorisation and deletion processes working cross-functionally and proposing ongoing improvements.
11. Where possible work with the Marketing Team for best efficiency towards driving Volac Animal Nutrition’s leadership in Sustainable Dairying and Sourcing.
12. Be fully involved in the Volac Business Management System. To be aware of individual responsibilities and to be familiar with, and implement, all relevant processes and procedures.
13. Undertake additional duties and projects as agreed with line manager.
• Educated to GCSE (or equivalent), Maths & English Essential
• Degree in Agriculture Desirable
• Marketing qualification Desirable
• Good team player
• Active listener
• Positive “can do” work ethos and attitude
• Strong ability to problem solve as individual and in team
• Methodical, orderly and systematic work approach
• Create a good first impression over the telephone with ability to inspire confidence and commitment
• Ability to act on own convictions
• Good people skills through face to face and telephone
• Able to express ideas and problems clearly and objectively
• Excellent time & budget management
• Completer / finisher
• Good project management skills
• Comfortable in different cultures
• Good understanding of artwork creation Essential
• Good analytical skills Essential
• Good market and product knowledge Essential
• Positive and professional attitude Essential
• Good communication skills Essential
• Computer literate Essential
• Good customer interface skills Essential
• Good animal nutritional knowledge Desirable
• Good understanding of marketing process Essential
• Good understanding of selling process Desirable
Apply by email to Simon Power firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st May 2018