R+D Ruminant Nutritionist, Nutribio
Location: Cork city
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out desk based research on new active ingredients, formulations and delivery mechanisms, and perform laboratory and production trials of new formulations
- Collaborate with external organisations to develop and trial new concepts and nutritional solutions
- Work closely with other nutritionists, vets and commercial specialists to design new products and services for the Irish and International ruminant nutrition markets.
- Formulate new trial products using formulation software packages, and provide cover for the Formulations and Compliance Manager for all other formulations work.
- Maintain records of Research and Development activity for relevant grant aid applications and tax credit programs, and write reports for such programs
- Disseminate R+D outcomes to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide technical support to the sales team and retail partners, in the form of on-farm support, group meetings and discussion groups.
- Research emerging trends and opportunities in the ruminant nutrition industry and maintain an awareness of new research and industry best practice advice in the sector.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- A level 8 science degree is a minimum requirement, preferably in the fields of Animal Nutrition or Agricultural Science
- Experience of working in the agricultural or animal nutrition industries is essential
- Working knowledge of EU legislation governing feed materials and feed additives in animal nutrition.
- Experience of using formulation software packages for animal nutrition
- Experienced and proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
KEY SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Research skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
Closing date: Tuesday 30th April
To apply contact email@example.com