VOLATILITY & RISK MANAGER, Glanbia Ireland
Glanbia Ireland is a world class, ambitious, integrated agri-food and nutrition business, with a diverse portfolio of quality ingredients, leading consumer and agri brands with the proven talent to succeed in the global market.
Glanbia Ireland owns leading consumer and agri brands such as Avonmore, Kilmeaden Cheese, Premier Milk, Wexford, mymilkman.ie and GAIN Animal Nutrition. It processes a 2.6 billion litre milk pool from 21 counties and exports high quality dairy and agri ingredients as well as branded products to over 60 countries.
With annual revenue of €1.8 billion, Glanbia Ireland has 11 processing plants, 53 agri branches and over 1,800 employees.
Reporting to the Head of Milk Pool Development & Innovation the primary functions of the Volatility & Risk Manager is to be accountable for the development of schemes and initiatives to manage supply risk and volatility for GI, our customers and our suppliers. They work closely with the Growth category and Finance to understand business and customer requirements and lead the design and launch of schemes to deliver required objectives.
- Proactively identify opportunities for price and risk management (on-farm, for GI and for GI customers) through bespoke schemes or initiatives
- Assess the ability to lock-forward farm input costs
- Proactively identify opportunities for milk & grain pool development through new schemes or initiatives.
- Support the Growth category in constructing long-term supply agreements with grain customers
- Assess commercial requests for new customer-driven schemes for both grains and milk
- Work with commercial and financial markets to develop back to back schemes
- Work with legal department to implement contract for handover to commercial
- Lead the design and modelling of new schemes with support from the Agri Value Architect and input from the Agri Economics and Policy Manager
- Lead the development of scheme terms and business cases for approval by finance function
- Lead the development of scheme communication and training materials
- Coordinate handover of scheme management to the Growth category post signing of contracts
- Manage maintenance of fixed milk price modelling and pricing with sign off from finance
- Strong experience in strategy development and business model innovation
- Ability to work with financial modelling and translating this complexity to build stakeholder buy-in for financially-driven products/services
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Keen drive for results along with the ability to plan effectively
- Strategic Agility with a focus on Innovation
- Deep interpersonal skills
Glanbia Ireland is a joint venture 60% owned by Glanbia Co-op and 40% owned by Glanbia plc. Established in July 2017, it combines Glanbia Ingredients Ireland, Glanbia Consumer Products and Glanbia Agribusiness.
If you are interested in this position, please apply through the My Career portal on the Glanbia Homepage with an up to date resume.
Glanbia Ireland is a Values Based Organisation - www.glanbia.com/careers