This event has been cancelled.
Programme: (subject to change)
9.00 am bus departs from Church car park, Kill
10.00 am Visit Gordon Elliott Racing, Cullentra House Stables, Longwood, Co Meath
12.30 pm Lunch
2.00 pm Visit McKee Barracks Equitation School, Dublin
3.30pm bus departs for return to carpark
Gordon Elliot Racing trains national hunt racehorses at his own farm in Longwood, Co. Meath. The Cullentra House Stables have been turned into a world class training establishment under Gordon’s leadership, the facility has the capacity for almost 200 horses and features four purpose built gallops and a custom built equine swimming pool. Notable highlights of Gordon Elliot’s training career include:
- In 2007 he become the youngest ever trainer to win the world’s most prestigious steeplechase, the Aintree Grand National. He won the Aintree Grand National again in 2018 & 2019, only the sixth repeat winner in the race’s history.
- His first winner at the Cheltenham Festival as a trainer was Chicago Grey in the prestigious National Hunt Chase Challenge Cup in 2011
- In the 2017 Cheltenham Festival he finished as the top trainer for the first time with six wins. It was the same number of wins as Willie Mullins but Elliott had one more second place than Mullins
- Elliott finished the 2016/17 season in second place in the Irish national hunt trainer Championship.
- In the 2018 Cheltenham Festival he finished as the top trainer this time with eight wins. That equalled a record set by Willie Mullins in 2015.
- On 2 April 2018 Elliott won the Irish Grand National for the first time after saddling a record 13 horses.
More information on Gordon Elliot Training can be found at: https://gordonelliottracing.co.uk/
The afternoon will consist of a tour of the Equitation School at the McKee Barracks. Founded in 1926, the school has been described as the backbone of Irish show-jumping and event teams. Army riders have represented Ireland at Olympic, World & European Championship level. The School’s mission is: To advertise the Irish sport horse through participation in International competitions at the highest level. They also offer training bursary’s to aspiring young riders which includes training and participation at international events.
More information https://www.military.ie/en/who-we-are/army/equitation-school/
Thank you to AXA Insurance for sponsoring this event.
*If the need arises to cancel this event, all attendees will be notified as soon as possible and registration payment will be refunded.