Kiernan Milling, a leading animal feed miller wishes to recruit an energetic and experienced lab technician for a new business venture as part of their state-of-the-art facility in Granard, Co. Longford
- Be enthusiastic about their work and have ability to work well within a team and on their own initiative
- Must have a recognized science (environmental/agriculture) qualification or minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Warm and friendly personality.
- Good communication skills
- Have a keen interest in soil science and water testing.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with lab techniques, buffer preparation and calibration of equipment.
- The ideal candidate will reside in this area or be prepared to move here.
- Communicate with team members and other functions to ensure all laboratory activities are coordinated.
- Complete all appropriate training through SOPs and safety risk assessments.
- Ensure laboratory equipment is cleaned, calibrated and maintained appropriately.
- Perform water sampling tests such as pH, BOD, Conductivity etc.
- Perform soil sampling tests such as lime requirements, pH and trace nutrients.
- Provide advice and recommendations to customers based on soil & water analysis.
The candidate will be responsible for developing the new laboratory on site and should have at least 3 years’ experience working in a laboratory and have a good understanding of soil and water testing parameters. A farming background is preferred but not essential.
Salary will reflect ability of the candidate.
Closing Date for CVs July 18th 2020