The ASA is the professional body for agricultural science graduates in Ireland since 1942 with over 1600 members employed across the entire agri-food industry including government, departments, research, advisory, consultancy, education & training, agri-business, rural organisations, banking and the media.
Our vision is to be a dynamic scientific organisation supporting our members in leading and developing sustainable Irish agriculture and food related sectors.
- Uniquely placed to provide the platform for networking, knowledge sharing, discussion and debate
- Over 30 events per year including technical seminars, regional meetings, social events, farm business tours, sales training courses, ASA annual banquet and conference and many more.
- Support your professional development through:
- Knowledge exchange
- Member communication including weekly jobs alert
- Networking opportunities
- Mentoring programme
- Support you as you start out on your career path
- Support you with your on-going career goals
- Unique opportunities to connect and network with other Irish agri-food professionals.
Other member benefits include:
- FREE or reduced fees to attend ASA Events. Avail of these opportunities to continuously develop your skills.
- Exclusive attendance at ASA Member Only events
- Discounted rate to ASA Annual Banquet and Conference
- Receive weekly ASA Jobs and Events Alert ezine
- Receive bi-annual ASA Digest Magazine
- Opportunity to apply for exclusive ASA bursaries and awards
- Job and Career Opportunities: Exclusive access to the jobs section of the website.